EARLY BIRD SPECIAL OFFER!
Please note that this offer is only valid for February 2018 and is limited to the first 30 bookings!
Save up to £40!
Here's what you get
3 Days Training
Full use of the site facilities
Meals and refreshments
Official Gasshuku T-Shirt
Official Gasshuku Training Towel (subject to availability)
~~ Bookings for 1-2 days will be available from 1st March 2018 or when this special offer sells out ~~
Seitou Ryu Karate Gasshuku Summer Training Camp
Friday 29th June - Sunday 1st July 2018
The Seitou Ryu Karate® Gasshuku Summer Training Camp is 3 days of intense but enjoyable training in Hockley, Essex. An opportunity to meet and train with students from other dojos and clubs and for Seitou Ryu Karate students the additional option of taking their next grading test.
You’ll get a variety of top level training sessions taught by numerous instructors, some whom are specialists in their field, where you’ll be improving your current skills and learning new concepts.
Between sessions you’ll have time to socialise, getting to know students from other dojos and clubs throughout the day, and in the evening you’ll get to toast some marshmallows and have a few laughs around the campfire.
Belchamps Scout Activity Centre
Holyoak Lane, Hawkwell, Hockley, Essex, SS5 4JD
Who can go?
Students of all ages and any grade can come to the gasshuku.
Non-members are welcome to attend.
Junior students 12 years+ may attend without a parent or guardian.
Under 12s must be accompanied by a parent or nominated adult (18 yrs+)
10 - 11 year olds may attend unaccompanied at the organisers discretion.
What do you need?
• Karate Uniforms + Belt
• T-Shirt and shorts for non-gi training sessions.
• Suitable footwear (i.e. trainers) for outdoor sessions (no boots)
• Workout/gym clothing (t-shirt, shorts/track pants/leggings)
• Sparring equipment: Mitts/grappling gloves, shin/foot pads, mouth guard, groin guard, chest guard.
• Focus pads/thai pads/kick shields (if you have them)
• Training towel
• Spare clothes (include old clothes & footwear for the wooded area)
• Bedding (pillow and sleeping bag/warm blankets) Mattresses are provided for indoor accommodation.
• Tent (if you want to camp)
• Towel & Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc)
• Any relevant medication (e.g. asthma pump, hayfever medication, etc)
• Portable battery charger
• Energy/isotonic drinks (not for children)
• Water bottle
• Sun cream
• Insect repellent
• Extra drinks
• Money for campsite tuck shop.
How do you get there?
Belchamps Scout Activity Centre
Nearest train station: Hockley (1.2 miles away)
About 15-20 minutes on foot
PLEASE NOTE: Your Sat Nav will try to take you up Mount Bovers Lane, This lane is unsuitable for motor vehicles and you should not use it as is also a private lane. Instead follow the sign off Main Road into Poplars Avenue and turn left at the top into Woodside chase and right into Holyoak Lane.
What is included
• Full use of the site facilities.
• Overnight accommodation in either a shared cabin or your own tent
• Meals and refreshments to keep you fuelled throughout each day.
• Up to 15 hours of training over 3 days for all grades from beginner to black belt.
• Official Gasshuku T-Shirt (included for students attending the full weekend (2-3 days). Students attending for 1 day only and also non-training attendees can order a t-shirt for £15)
PLEASE NOTE: Under 5 years go free with a paying adult (sharing their meals). But if they are using one of the beds to stay overnight or want to have their own meal then the non-training rate for booking applies.